Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 router dropping connection

Greavsie1940
Follower

D7000v2 router dropping connection

In Late January 2020 I was getting regular internet disconnections with my TalkTalk supplied Huawei HG635 router. So I purchased the Netgear D7000v2 router, thinkiing that would solve the problem. Sadly not. The disconnection continued and got worse, usually connection lasted for 23 hours (aproximately) but I have had occasions where it happened after a matter of minutes. I found several pages here that described exactly the same problems.

BT Openreach have called twice this month. They changed the master socket and the second one did something in the cabinet down the street. 

In frustration I revereted to the Huawei HG635 and that seemed to work perfectly again. No dropouts for 8 days. So I thought I'd try the D7000v2 again. I have followed all the directions given on those pages here. I have reflashed the router to the latest version 1.0.0.62_1.0.1), done a factory reset, changed the cables. The first disconnection came after 20 minutes. The second this morning after a further 15 hours. The problem has not gone away.

I have to conclude that this router is a pile of junk with, it appears, no liklihood of it ever being fixed. I am going to revert to the HG635 and perhaps connect the D7000v2 and use it only for broadcasting a wifi signal.

I am VERY disappointed. I have used Netgear kit for many years, routers, hubs, switches and ReadyNAS. Unless this is solved soon I am unlikely ever to return.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7