Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7000v2 wifi not showing up even if active in settings

Caccia
Follower

D7000v2 wifi not showing up even if active in settings

2,4GHz shows up but not the 5Ghz, even if it is set to show up in the settings and the radio is active. Also when i restart the modem it shows up the 2,4GHz signal, but it doesn't transmit Internet, while on the PC the wired connection works. 

Yes i already tried a lot of factory resets, doesn't change a thing. The firmware is last version, but the problem was present even with the version before. 

Please help me if you can, just bought this 2 weeks ago, sad to see it doesn't work. 

Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: D7000v2 wifi not showing up even if active in settings

@Caccia wrote:

Please help me if you can, just bought this 2 weeks ago, sad to see it doesn't work. 

Get in touch with the Netgear support via https://my.netgear.com/ -> My Support 

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7000v2 wifi not showing up even if active in settings

@Caccia wrote:

2,4GHz shows up but not the 5Ghz, even if it is set to show up in the settings and the radio is active.

I assume that you are using wifi clients that can see 5 GHz, and that the 5 GHz LED is lit.

Older wifi devices do not use 5 GHz and will no show it.

@Caccia wrote:

Also when i restart the modem it shows up the 2,4GHz signal, but it doesn't transmit Internet, while on the PC the wired connection works. 

Not sure that I understand the "doesn't transmit Internet" bit.

What tells you that?  You are connecting something and it fails? What messages do you get on whatever you are trying to connect?

By the way, it may not matter, but you have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's impenetrable community structure.)

If you need more help, you might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for your device:

DSL Modems & Routers

No need to repost there, unless you want to – that will just clutter up the place with duplicated messages – but you might find advice related to your hardware.

I have asked the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7