Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Change of ownership

AGBL
Aspirant

D7800 Change of ownership

Hi

I bought this router from a friend, now I cant register it because is still under his name and email, how can this be transferred to my name?,

Does he needs to login and change it to my email address?

Thanks for your help

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
labatt
Mentor

Re: D7800 Change of ownership

Friend could deregister it. 

As far as registration goes it buys you nothing. D7800 is used so no support from Netgear and support is good for only 90 days anyway. 

Message 2 of 4
AGBL
Aspirant

Hi

I know about the support, however, Im interested on accessing it remotely, so he has to de-reguster it and then i should be able to access it remotely.

I will tell him so

Thanks

Message 3 of 4

@AGBL wrote:

I know about the support, however, Im interested on accessing it remotely, so he has to de-reguster it and then i should be able to access it remotely.

"Registering" a device to your name does not affect the ability to access it remotely.

As @labatt says, registering is for warranty and support puroposes. These do not apply to your second hand device.

If the idea is to use remote managment, get the manual and go through the steps it describes.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

Read the section Manage the Modem Router Remotely. Come back if you have problems.

I assume that you have reset the second hand device so that it forgets all previous settings.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7