Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 Firmware 1.0.1.42 and WiFi problems - connecting...

c64tm
Aspirant

D7800 Firmware 1.0.1.42 and WiFi problems - connecting...

Hi there... I upgraded this D7800 to latest 1.0.1.42 firmware, and found an annoying bug...

Initially you can connect to the WiFi on this router, but after a while, it kicks devices off, and will not accept the correct password anymore... The only temporary fix is to reboot the router... To permanantly fix it, you need to downgrade the firmware to the last one which is 1.0.1.34.

So for now, I am using 1.0.1.34, but there is no way to report this to Netgear, as you need to PAY for support, or to even chat or anything with them. How are they supposed to get feedback on dud firmware, without making customers pay for their screwed up firmware? Just doesn't make sense...

Anyway I hope somebody from Netgear stumbles accross this post, and fixes this annoying problem in next firmware update.

If there is a channel to contact Netgear for feedback, it would be greatly appreciated if somebody could shed some light for me as to where this can be done...

Anyway, the only permanent fix is to go to earlier firmware anyways.

All the best.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7
c64tm
Aspirant

It happens with apple devices afaik.

Haven't really tested any others yet, but I have done factory reset after upgrading, but still have issues

Message 2 of 7
c64tm
Aspirant

I changed name of wifi network to wlan-ap-2G and wlan-ap-5G respectively... and then I changed the password to the said wifi, so not using the default ones...

Also note the passwords are identical on both the 2G and 5G bands.

This is the only configuration changes.

Message 3 of 7
c64tm
Aspirant

It most definitely is ticked.

I have not changed any settings other than the wifi names, and passwords... thats it.

Message 4 of 7
Gooner21
Aspirant

Hmm interesting.....

I have this exact same issue, I have a Harmony hub and 3 DLINK smart plugs and a D-Link webcam that all get locked out (red lights and flashing orange on dlink devices) but all other devices stay connected, I know its the Netgear router because if I power cycle the devices, they still never connect, if I reboot the router voila !! all is back for a day or 2 and then the same 4-5 devices get kicked off..........Annoying as F

Logs say "incorrect password" but I know its not because its been the same forever and only started happening the last month-6weeks

Anyone got any ideas as im not keen to log to Netgear as they have never really helped in the past with issues

Message 5 of 7
Jhonny_01
Tutor

Hello,

I have the same problem, also with the new version 1.0.1.44.

I had to return to the old 1.0.1.34.

Have you solved the problem in some ways?

Thanks

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 6 of 7
c64tm
Aspirant

Seems to be working for me now with latest firmware, although I had to factory reset the router after the firmware update. So far all good for me.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7