Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 NBN HFC settings and internet port issue.

Weareberry
Follower

D7800 NBN HFC settings and internet port issue.

Hi

So for the majority of the weekend I’ve been poking around the internet to figure out how to work this problem, I’m not tech smart in terms of setting alterations so it’s just what I’ve picked up over the weekend and I’ve buckled now I need help.

So I’ve amended my D7800’s settings with the VLAN bridging/tagging as VLAN_ID - 2 & priority - 0 , selecting all ports (it would only let me select 3) and both wifi’s.
Also changed the connection to PPPoE and input my service login details.

With all these in place and applied, my box then displays an amber light signalling no internet connection and on genie the Internet Port shows the connection change to PPPoE but everything else is blank. I’ve checked everything, tried a reboot on my NBN modem and on my D7800 with no change and I’ve restarted it tried it about 4-5 times.

Please if someone can help me or find something I have missed I would be grateful. It’s destroying me not having internet atm, my torrents miss me.
Message 1 of 3
80njc80
Apprentice

Re: D7800 NBN HFC settings and internet port issue.

I just moved and set up a new HFC D7800 home network.  ISP Telstra.  Connected the NBN connection box and D7800 and powered it up.  Once connected I let it run through the automatic configuaration process a couple of times (even entered the MAC) which, ultimately failed BUT I then did a manual setup as recommended on Pg 68-70 of the guide.  No login required.  Work well.

Do update the firmware when connected and factory reset to make sure to underlying issues are caried over.  Was on FTTN previously...

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7800 NBN HFC settings and internet port issue.

What is your flavour of NBN?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Unfortunately, Netgear's documentation is not as clear as it could be.

If you have Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC), then read this bit:

Hybrid Fiber-Coaxial (HFC). Uses TV network cabling, which is a combination of fiber and coaxial cabling, to deliver Internet service to your home. In this type of service, a customer is provided with a cable modem or gateway to connect them to the Internet. You can use a NETGEAR DSL modem router, such as the D3600, D6000, D6100, D6200, D6220, D6300, D6400, D7000, D7800, or D8500, or one of our home routers such as the R6220, R6300, R6400, R7000, R7000P R8000, R8500, or R9000.

You can use your D7800 as a router after the modem.

If your modem is a modem/router, you may have to work out how to put it into modem only (bridged) mode.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7