Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Nighthawk 2.4ghz network connectivity issues

Ruddy52
Aspirant

D7800 Nighthawk 2.4ghz network connectivity issues

I purchased the above router last week, and installed it yesterday. Everything seemed to initiate OK, but after about 2 hours I could not connect any device to the 2.4 ghz network as it just informs me that the password is not valid.

I can get into the router management page, and the password shown is exactly what I am typing into my devices and yet it does not recognise it. The 5 ghz network, whch has the same password, connects immediately.

I have attempted to contact Netgear via chat support but that simply informs me that my 3 months support expired on 25th July 2019. Go figure that one out.

Any ideas what might be going wrong here?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 7

Re: D7800 Nighthawk 2.4ghz network connectivity issues

Have you tried changing the wifi passwords?

That's always a good idea. Use something easier to work with.

I have attempted to contact Netgear via chat support but that simply informs me that my 3 months support expired on 25th July 2019. Go figure that one out.

Wasn't there a time machine in the box with the modem/router?

Someone at Netgear needs to fix this. Maybe @Christian_R, @ChristineT or @DexterJB. You are not the first victim

Message 2 of 7
-spike-
Initiate

Hi there,

I've had my D7800 for a week as well now and have a similar problem as you.

Firmware version 1.0.1.47.

After a couple of days all of the clients connected to the 2.4Ghz network would be dropped and if I try and join them again I would be prompted with "Invalid Password"

A router reboot or an update/apply to the wireless page would fix it for a couple of days.

I've since changed the wireless channel from auto and the speed to "Up to 54Mbps" and it hasn't done it since.

Hope that helps

Message 3 of 7

@-spike- wrote:

I've since changed the wireless channel from auto and the speed to "Up to 54Mbps" and it hasn't done it since.

Good call. Always worth checking local conditions.

Message 4 of 7
Ruddy52
Aspirant

Spike,

Thanks mate for taking the time to reply. I will make the changes you suggest, and see what happens over the next couple of days.

Regards.

Steve.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 5 of 7
-spike-
Initiate

You’re welcome mate.

It’s been ok for 4 days for me now, not long I know but I’m sure it would have dropped the clients by now.
Fingers crossed anyway.
Message 6 of 7
Hopskirk
Aspirant

hello me it always dropped after the router reboot, it will help to re-connect to the router via 5ghz network it works fine even after reboot and click apply in the network settings, then the network will start working again and log in.
Model: D7000|Nighthawk AC1900 VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7