Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Overwatch and Youtube

Bay8191
Aspirant

D7800 Overwatch and Youtube

Hi all.

What the main problem is I still get high latency when i'm playing Overwatch on the PC when somebody else is watching youtube videos on the same network.

I have the latest firmware V1.0.1.16 and performance optimization database v3.0607.cloud-g0. We both have a wired connetion to the modem. I've set the Qos on automatic and set device priortiy to highest on my PC and the Low on the other PC and that didn't work. I've also tried the manual set up of the qos and moved some of the qos rules to highest like online games and that didn't work as well. Also I have reset the modem to factory setting as well. My internet connection speeds are 14mbps download and 1mbps upload

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 6
nghilelucky
Aspirant

Re: D7800 Overwatch and Youtube

Set up modem router
Message 2 of 6
Bay8191
Aspirant

how do you mean set up the router

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Bay8191

Latency is different than bandwidth so it sounds like your not getting a good connection to the server for overwatch. Do you see high pings in other games and have you tried to run a ping test?

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Bay8191
Aspirant

i've ran a ping test here are my results 

I get high ping when someone is watching youtube videos at the same time as i am playing the game. My ping starts at 32 but when someone starts to watch a youtube vid it goes up to 70 and above and doesn't go below that untill the vid has finshed.This is with the Qos on as well

Message 5 of 6
Thirdmule
Aspirant

Bay, please tell me if you find anything on this, or anyone else for that matter.

I have tried 3 routers now, the latest being the Nighthawk x4s (7800), and my problem is basically the same as yours:

If my wife is on WoW, and I am on Overwatch, everything is PERFECT.

If, however, my wife opens up Chrome (or any other browser, I've tried multiples) and pulls up any website whatsoever, my ping goes from 40 into the hundreds.

I've tried the latest firmware, old firmware, manual QoS, Dynamic QoS, you name it.  Any ideas?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7