Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Router 2.4 ghz keeps dropping

Thaliamg
Follower

D7800 Router 2.4 ghz keeps dropping

Hi, I recently bought the router & having problem with the 2.4 ghz WiFi network, the network keeps disappearing from the available networks & when it does reappear & you try to log back on, it often says password incorrect, needless to say the password I enter is the correct one. Have tried rebooting the router which is a short term fix then the problem reappears, have also reset to factory settings & issue is still occurring.

thanks 

Chris

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7800 Router 2.4 ghz keeps dropping

Have you tried to rename the network and change the password?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
Sparky123
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. My router is 14months old, i consider it was quite an expenive piece of kit, and dont really want to replace so soon. 

Have you found a fix?

regards

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 6
80njc80
Apprentice

In my instance, I have all my devices connected via 5Ghz bare 1 device that is the only device that experiences dropouts.  A reset fixes it but not practical.  I was waiting to do a full factory reset once new firmware is made available.  Until then it seems to be an issue with congestion although not practically overcrowded.  Maybe I should just leave it on auto.

Message 4 of 6

@Thaliamg wrote:

Hi, I recently bought the router & having problem with the 2.4 ghz WiFi network, the network keeps disappearing from the available networks 

Disappearing from what? Several wifi clients? How far are they from the router? Have you tried different channels for the 2.4GHz?

it often says password incorrect, needless to say the password I enter is the correct one.

Try telling the wifi clients to forget the wifi source and set it up the connection again from scratch.

What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 5 of 6
Sparky123
Aspirant

Hi.

Running Firmware V1.0.1.42

2.4ghz Wi-Fi channel disappears sometimes. If you see it and try to connect to it it asks for password. You put in passwork, and it says its incorrect. Reboot the router and all is fine for a few days, then it starts happening again.

Was using Auto on 2.4ghz, but now locked it to channel 7 to try. It has dropped out once on this.

5ghz is fine, but some devices like my printer dont use 5GHZ.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7