Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Router Internet Issue after update to V1.0.1.60

JSC_Wifi
Aspirant

D7800 Router Internet Issue after update to V1.0.1.60

When trying to solve a wifi connected printer, I checked the router and noticed that update V1.0.1.60 for my D7800 (bought in 2017), and since I was running V1.0.1.58 I applied the update.

After the formware install and reboot, my printer reconnected without issue, and I could print again.  I then tried connecting to the web and nothing was found, I tried a few websites to confirm the issue, and several devices.

I reconnected to the Router GUI and it showed the internet conected was active, but no traffic was passing.  Following the standard IT response I rebooted the router again, and wifi internet access was restored.

Just now 6 hours after the previous issue, mid browse the internet was lost again, wifi was fine, and once again the Router GUI showed the internet was connected, but nothing was being routed. I rebooted the router and internet access was restored.

I've been using the router for 4 years and its been bullet proof, so to me it looks like either the V1.0.1.60 update, or something has been changed during the update.  Any ideas?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
JSC_Wifi
Aspirant

Re: D7800 Router Internet Issue after update to V1.0.1.60

The D7800 stopped routing the internet again, so I have downgraded back to V1.0.1.58, so see if that restores stability.

Message 2 of 4
JSC_Wifi
Aspirant

No internet access issues for 24 hours after returning to V1.0.1.58, so definitely either the V1.0.1.60 update, or some setting changed by the update.

I'll wait for the next update, and see if that works.

Message 3 of 4

@JSC_Wifi wrote:

No internet access issues for 24 hours after returning to V1.0.1.58, so definitely either the V1.0.1.60 update, or some setting changed by the update.

I'll wait for the next update, and see if that works.

I suspect something else is wrong. Hard to fathom from what you have told us.

Did you reset the router to factory settings after the firmware flash?

New firmware sometimes introduces changes that are not compatible with the old configuration.

So while it isn't guaranteed to fix problems a factory reset is the first thing to try if you have issues with new firmware.

You can reduce the hassle of reconfiguring all those settings by creating a backup of your settings before you reset. Then if something is still broken after the reset, and the new firmware has not fixed it, you can restore the device to its pre-reset state.

You could even try restoring the settings even if the new firmware has fixed the problems, but be prepared for the restore to also bring back your problems.

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

DSL Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7