Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 Router blocking IPTV and Streams

Gaz1331
Aspirant

D7800 Router blocking IPTV and Streams

Hi,

I had to reset my Netgear D7800 the other day due to it not allowing people to connect to the 2.4ghz wifi. Now aftert the reset it seems to be blocking any IPTV from working, I was trying to stream through VLC and it wont open. Can't watch the likes of Virgin TV online because it seems to be blocking the video.

I have the exact same settings as before when it worked as I just loaded in the backup config file. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: D7800 Router blocking IPTV and Streams

Lakc of a crystal ball ... try to explain the rest of the world on how you bring thse Virgin IPTV streams into VLC.

Message 2 of 4
Gaz1331
Aspirant

Sorry, what I meant was that I am paying for an IPTV service. To open this through VLC you must have the correct link (which I have) and correct credintials. You dont really need to be familar with this for my question. The other streaming service that is blocked is from VirginTV (a different service). Again you don't need to really know the details for my question. 

My question still stands as, is there a setting or rule that blocks IPTV or network streaming on the Netgear routers? I have it set up in the exact same way as last time, using the same configuration files so I'm just confused as to why it's blocking the stream from coming through. 

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

There are a zillion of ways an IPTV provider does bring the video stream to your house - well, more than just a hand full at least.

Assume you use kind of an rtsp URL in VLC, the delivery channels can be pure UDP, multicast UDP or TCP, or it can choose other delivery mechanisms based upon RTP. More sophisticated solutions even start with UDP multicast on zapping (to avoid delays) caused (or more required) 

Digging completely in the dark, just guessing there is some multicast involved, and you might have to enable the IGMP proxy on the router - or switch to the "Support British telecom IGMP Proxying". 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7