Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 Slow on Talk Talk Super Boost

njr
Follower
Follower

D7800 Slow on Talk Talk Super Boost

Hi

I am in the UK and I have a Nighthawk X4S D7800 which I have used on Talk Talk 36Mb Broadband for years.

I recently upgraded to Talk Talks Fibre Boost, which gives me around 66Mb.

However my D7800 still runs are 36Mb.

I have the lastest firmware.

When I plug in my original Talk Talk router (using the same cables) I get the correct faster speed.

Its definately the D7800, which just seems stuck at the original 36Mb speeds.

I've re run the Internet Wizard and nothing has helped.

Can anyone shed any light on this ?

Thanks

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@njr wrote

:....which I have used on Talk Talk 36Mb Broadband for years.

You have my sympathy. It takes a lot to make BT look good, but TalkTalk manages it, despite the defenestration of David Cameron's buddy, Baroness Dido "Useless" Harding, the person responsible at the time of one of the UK's biggest data breaches.

@njr wrote:

Its definately the D7800, which just seems stuck at the original 36Mb speeds.

I've re run the Internet Wizard and nothing has helped.

Did the new service require you to change your internet settings? If so, even if not, it might be a good idea to factory reset the D7800 so that to forgets any configuration that it picked up on the old service.

@njr wrote:

I have the lastest firmware.

Maybe, maybe not. We'll know that only if you can tell us the firmware version involved.

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Message 2 of 4
philreck
Initiate

I had exactly the same problem. The d7800 was showing a connection speed of 77mbps downstream and 20mbps upstream, but speedtest only showed 32 & 2 mbps!

After a lot of searching I finally found that switching off QOS in the router solved the problem.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 3 of 4

@philreck wrote:

After a lot of searching I finally found that switching off QOS in the router solved the problem.

That's a good start, and is one of the recommended tweaks for slow connections, along with disabling the traffic meter.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7