Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 Wifi unreliable

Firi
Follower

D7800 Wifi unreliable

Recently Purchased this router, used the wizard to configure it so it was all running the "default" values.

The Wifi connections both on 2.4G and 5G its not reliable and the internet stops working on the wifi networks every so often (still works on Ethernet).

i have reviewed multiple cases that complained about the same issue and did not find any result that somebody was able to fix it (without firmware downgrade). (QOS is disabled).

was running version V1.0.1.56

as per suggestions i have seen in several topics, i have now downgraded to V1.0.1.22 in the hope that it will fix this issue.

but this solution is far from optimal, do anybody know about a fix for this issue?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
Ultrastorm
Aspirant

Re: D7800 Wifi unreliable

Hi.

I have the same problem as you.

Ethernet works like a dream never fails. However with WIFI I find the connection looks to be connected to all my devices however throughput just randomly halts. Devices like the printer I have to turn off for 5 mins then back on again in order to restore the connection again. Its not the WIFI range as the printer is about 4 feet from the router. I have also got the same issue with Amazon Firestick and phones / laptops. It does not matter what the WIFI device is throughput just randomly stops. Even though the router is saying it has an active connection!

I have tried the newest firmware which does not fix the issue and also downgraded the firmware to two differnet versions.

Module: D7800
Firmware Currently V1.0.1.44

I have tried hardware resets and still no joy. When I connect my old netgear back in the wifi is so rock solid even though its so old so I know its none of my devices.

I tried contacting netgear support and even when the device was new they put hand out asking for money!!

I have made sure no channels were over lapping with next door. I have tried QOS on and off. I have tried changing the speed of throughput on the wifi. I have tried with Beaming on and off.

Basiclly I have gone through every menu option on the router and tried it on and off and still the wifi is unstable.

If someone can assist me and this other person I think we would both be very grateful.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7