Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 - Windows Network shows mobile phone devices, but they don't exist in "connected devices".

dkl_uk
Aspirant

D7800 - Windows Network shows mobile phone devices, but they don't exist in "connected devices".

This is quite a strange issue, and one I don't think would be easy to explain.

I have Windows 10, and I was navigating the Network via Windows Explorer so I could copy some files to my Readyshare HDD. Whilst the network was refreshing, I noticed under "Mobile Devices" there were two devices. Now, I own a Galaxy S 7 Edge and this doesn't show up under the list, but the two items I saw were:

Le1s_HK & Meizu M2 Note.

The M2 Note has disappeared and I've not seen it in the last 20 minutes, but the 'HK' device sporadically returns. The only thing I can do in Windows Explorer is get a properties page which doesn't tell me much, so I can't connect to the device or see any services that would put it on my network.

Oddly, they're both Chinese phones and I live in the UK. I don't think anyone would have been able to hack the WPA2 key. The router device page only shows the items I would expect - my PC, my Galaxy S 7 and a NAS.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7800 - Windows Network shows mobile phone devices, but they don't exist in "connected devices".

Hello DKL_uk

Since you only have 3 devices you may want to setup the access control to only allow those 3 on the network and see if those other devices still show up.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7