Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 X4S Failed to download performance optimization database

hawkerpaul
Tutor

D7800 X4S Failed to download performance optimization database

Hi

Every time I go into Quality of Service and click on "Update Now" in the Performance Optimization Database section I get:

Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later.

I started a thread a few years ago about this with no solution, and I couldn't see how to add a new post, so started a new thread.

What is the current version of this database and is there a solution to this problem please?

My current version is:

Current Firmware: V1.0.1.56

Current Performance Optimization Database on Router
Version: v4.1023.gb2747cb
Release Date: October 23, 2017

Thanks

Paul

Message 1 of 7
JohnBa2000
Aspirant

Same thing here. I'm getting tired of buying Netgear stuff because it CAN be updated only to find out it's never updated. v4.1023.gb2747cb

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 7
Jan-v-Westland
Initiate

I have had the same problem with my Router. Like many many other people. And many people have reported this problems since many years. Nowhere have I found a response fron Netgear, to help people solve the problem. At least they could have created a solution where people could have downloaded and installed this database manually. For me it it is immpossible to contact them in any way. Their website merely refers me to this community website where this problem has been ignored by them for many years.Never ever will I buy again from a company with a service as lame as theirs.

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 3 of 7
dodgingreality
Aspirant

I've updated the firmware and looking to squeak some better performance from my router. I'm getting a common error...

Failed to download detection database

Will someone from Netgear address this issue? Is it in the works?

Message 4 of 7
Hairyshark
Initiate

I have looked over the past posts of this issue and still have not found the reason why I continue to get the "Failed to download Detection Database. Please try again later." message. I have the latest router firmware v1.0.2.80. It appears there has not been a satisfactory answer, so since this is 2021 - has Netgear figured it out? 

I will say that the only answer I have found is that the database I have has not been updated in 4 years. Is that possible?

Current Performance Optimization Database on Router

Version: v4.1023.gb2747cb

Release Date: October 23, 2017

Message 5 of 7
Jan-v-Westland
Initiate

Boys let it go, I have. Clearly Netgear does not even give responds to the questions and problems you pose on the community forum they refer to on their website for service. With other words, we as customers seem to be dead for them. Well Netgear people ,let my tell you something: So are you guys for me. What a lousy company.

Message 6 of 7
kd4sydney
Aspirant

Nighthawk X4S D7800
Firmware V1.0.1.60

I've got the same exact issue.

It is disheartening to know that this is a forum setup by Netgear and that they can't even take the time from support to acknowledge these issues and comment on if/when they are ever going to fix them.  😞

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7