Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 attached devices

mark8par
Star

D7800 attached devices

I currently have the Nighthawk D7800 (modem router) connected to my BT socket fibre connection and a R7800 at the opposite end of the house, connected with cat 6 ethernet.  

I would like to force certain static devices to stay connected to one router, is this possible? I found that when the AP router had been switched off at some point, one of the devices had connected back to the main router and not the one closest to it with the stronger signal.

Also when using these two in combination are there any settings which are not much use, like QOS, Enable 20/40 MHz Coexistence or others?  We dont have any old devices anymore so not sure if 20/40 MHz Coexistence enabled is a benefit. 

We have seating at one end of the garden (its not huge) but the signal drops off here and when we take the sonos out it just disconnects as the signal comes and goes.  I tried a Netgear nighthawk ex7300 which seemed to work but again I had static devices (shield TV) connecting to it when I want them to stay connected to the AP router. 

Any suggestions would be awesome, 

Ta very much

Message 1 of 3
mark8par
Star

Re: D7800 attached devices

I have had a good look through the instructions and cant find anything related to this so i suspect it cant be done.

Thanks 

Message 2 of 3

Re: D7800 attached devices

Might be easier to concentrate on the wifi clients to see if you can persuade them to stay attached to the better signal.
If these static devices are LAN capable, a Powerline link might work.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7