Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 firmware update fail and not cominicating to web or geni app

Fustq
Aspirant

D7800 firmware update fail and not cominicating to web or geni app

I have updated my firmware and after finish my modem stuck on orange led then blinking then white I tried to reset then fail and I try to upgrade firmware with the tftp also fail I try all the way use in internet but fail please help
Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 13

Accepted Solutions
Fustq
Aspirant

Re: D7800 firmware update fail and not cominicating to web or geni app

Thanks to Allah who teach us which we don’t know ....

After many trials for 3 day’s continues I was able to slve this problem that I found one application help me a lot better than Tftp

It’s called firmware upgrade v 3.6.8

With sakes steps of tftp but this application within 4 second save my router

Thanks for reply and hope this could help other for saving their devices bye

View solution in original post

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 11 of 13

All Replies
80njc80
Apprentice

The upgrade LED sequence does move from solid/blinking orange to a steady white once complete.  After the update finishes, is the SSID visible like it is broadcasting?  Was the upgrade process interrupted at any point???

Message 2 of 13
80njc80
Apprentice

Try this first and see how we go (30/30/30):

1 Push the rest button for 30 seconds with power on to unit.

2 Keep pushing the reset button and remove power from the router for 30 seconds.

3 Keep pushing the reset button and repowered the router for 30 seconds.

This will in affect reset the factory settings.  There are other avenues to fix a bricked unit but first make sure it is not a simple solution.

Message 3 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

Thanksfor replying
the process completed smoothley but stuck to solid orange led
Message 4 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

Thanks for replying

I really done all taht but fail . My PC cant recognize my modem unless I apply tcp ipv4. Ip 192.168.1.1 then it's identified to Netgear 24 but can't reach the modem by geni it's show netgear router not found or not supported modem ......etc

Message 5 of 13
80njc80
Apprentice

Message 6 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

I have done this steps many times the bar of upgrading reach up to75 perecsbt the fain "unable to get responses from the server .. but by the ping in cmd it get replying TTL = 64 and lost is 0 percent
Message 7 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

I have tried also previously firmware and rest many times but it's get same blinking white led
Message 8 of 13
80njc80
Apprentice

OK.  Previously you mentioned being "stuck to solid orange led" but now it's the "same blinking white led".  The former can be a sign of hardware issues but most probably the firmware upgrade failure.  So which is it???  Please clarify and specify which LEDS are either blinking or remaining a steady amber...

Short of that you can invest in a USB-TTL cable for other problem solving solutions.

It would also be worth waiting for other forum members to provide guidance too...  Very learned bunch.

Message 9 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

Thanks for being patient with me I appreciate it

Yeah when first time I upgrade the firmware it's stuck in orange led the power led ...

But after couple reseat now it's start blinking when try to upgrade through the tftp exactly when I plug the Ethernet cable and applying default gate way 192.168.1.1
No net led no wirlesss led expt power and Ethernet cable connection to Port 1
Message 10 of 13
Fustq
Aspirant

Thanks to Allah who teach us which we don’t know ....

After many trials for 3 day’s continues I was able to slve this problem that I found one application help me a lot better than Tftp

It’s called firmware upgrade v 3.6.8

With sakes steps of tftp but this application within 4 second save my router

Thanks for reply and hope this could help other for saving their devices bye
Message 11 of 13
80njc80
Apprentice

Good to know. Thanks for the update. That’s what the forum is for...
Message 12 of 13
80njc80
Apprentice

Please mark as solved. Cheers.
Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements