Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 home networked printers not showing/connecting on Mac and PC

Den54
Aspirant

D7800 home networked printers not showing/connecting on Mac and PC

Hi

I have a home network of a Mac and PC and two printers a Kyocera and an Oki networked via a D7800, the two printers go into an Ethernet hub and then into the D7800 and the Mac and PC go directly nto the D7800 via cable.

All has been well for the past year and up until two days ago when I switched on one morning to have the error message that there was no Internet connection for either computer. All the LED's were solid and lit on the router but no Internet connection. I therefore did the good old on/off of the router and the Internet connection returned OK. I did not chnage any settings.

I have subsequently discovered the the two printers had disappeared from both the Mac and PC so I tried to reinstall them. The Oki has been found and reinstalled OK but takes ages to print when it was previously more or less instantaneous. The Kyocera can't be found at all on either computer and I have tried to install it via its standard IP address but it can't be found.

I have updated the firmware on the D7800 to the latest version and updated the Mac OS to the latest version along with the latest printer drivers for the Kyocera printer but with no sucess- printer still not showing in list of printers and Oki that does show is still incredibly slow.

Any ideas what's going on and appreciate any ideas or suggestions for remedy's to this situation as I'm getting very frustrated!

Thanks

Denis

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

Re: D7800 home networked printers not showing/connecting on Mac and PC

Have you tried removing the Ethernet hub (presumably a switch, not a hub)?

Message 2 of 4
Den54
Aspirant

Hi

Thanks for the advice. Changed switch but the problems persist. On reflection I think that this is an Apple OS problem at source.

I think what's happened is that Apple have implemented a new OS and that the printer folk at Kyocera haven't kept up with their driver iterations so there is a mismatch which manifests as printers not being found or lost. This is not the case with my PC that seems not to be suffering the same problem but is on the same network.

As ever the consumer looses out yet again.
Message 3 of 4
Den54
Aspirant

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7