Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 in Australia

Ron1974
Aspirant

D7800 in Australia

Having massive problems with this modem/router. For the last 4 weeks, the modem drops my connection every 30mins or so... I first had the problems with iiNet and because they couldn't solve it, i moved to another ISP (HarbourISP) and the problem is still there.

I have done a "reset" at least 6 times, I have changed the LAN and Telephone cable... i have introduced a line filter, i have disconnected the wireless and have it attached to onoy one device... my ISPs (plural) have done their best from their end and still the same problem. Finally the NBN rep tech came to the house and could not work it out... everything tested fine... he went to the box at the end of the street to check (VDSL - Fiber to the Node) and could not find a problem, so he move my cable to another port just in case and the problem is still there. I have re-installed the firmware twice and later today i will update the firmware with version D7800_V1.0.0.44_FW just to try it.

Now, any suggestions? im close to throwing this router in the bin!. I have used Netgear for over 10yrs and this is the worse performer i have ever used. Need help here... anyone else having this same problem?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
c64tm
Aspirant

Re: D7800 in Australia

Known issue. I just hope they don't ignore Australia's NBN, and release firmware that addresses these issues

Message 2 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Ron1974

You may need to use a NBN modem and then connect it to the Wan port of the D7800 to use as a router. Here is a article talking about this.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30439

DarrenM

Message 3 of 5
c64tm
Aspirant

Have you guys pinpointed the problem yet? NBN is going live here in a month. Would rather use the DSL of the netgear, instead of having to use a second dsl modem.

Any ETA for a fix yet?

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
c64tm
Aspirant

For anyone having issues with this router / modem, try the latest firmware. There has been one report on whirlpool that it now works alot better than previously. no dropouts in over 2 days according to https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2446342&p=6#r109

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7