Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: D7800 incorrect password on 2.4GHz wifi

BigRuffian
Follower

D7800 incorrect password on 2.4GHz wifi

Netgear, you clearly have a bug. The Internet has numerous complaints about connectivity with the 2.4GHz band on the D7800 router. Do not tell me to "forget the network". Do not tell me to "reset the router". Do not tell me to "update the firmware". I have done all these steps. The router requires a reset every day to allow devices to connect.

The fact this bug exists is pathetic.

The fact you have done nothing about it is unacceptable. I will be returning the device under warranty and replacing it with a different brand.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

@BigRuffian wrote:

Do not tell me to "update the firmware".

OK. But there are other suggestions that might be equally offensive. And I daren't risk those.

I'm puzzled by the reference to "incorrect password " which doesn't seem to feature in your message.

Message 2 of 4
raksati
Aspirant

Rif.: D7800 incorrect password on 2.4GHz wifi

Unfortunately me too, I sometimes encountered this problem only on 2.4GHz interface and the only way was to restart the wifi interface or the router.

Actually the user who reported the problem is right and I understand his concern and I think it is a bug also o similar, please NETGEAR can you check?

Message 3 of 4
lzwdavid
Aspirant

I have exactly same issue with D7800, I just borrowed my friend's D7800 for two days and upgraded with firmware D7800 Firmware Version 1.0.1.56, working fine just for 15 hours  suddently all devices having issue with incorrect password on 2.4GHz while on 5G working fine.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7