Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 loosing config. Have to factory default to resolve

GregOz
Aspirant

D7800 loosing config. Have to factory default to resolve

Just got FTTN NBN connection in Australia (VDSL2).  I am able to configure the modem and get it working, but about one to two weeks the Power and DSL light up amber and all connectivity is lost.  I even have issues connecting to the web interface when it is in this state.

Restarting the unit does not fix the issue and only a Factory Reset and manual reconfiguration will resolve the issue for another week or two.  I am unable to use the restore configuration from backup as it fails as soon as it restarts to the amber Power and DSL lights.

Is this considered a harware warranty due to the unit failing, or is it a firmware bug?  Currently on V1.0.0.48 which is the latest as per the web site.

If the stability of this modem/router was solid I would love this router.  I am currently thinking of looking for alternatives if this is the best I can expect.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Greg.

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
tim_hamblin
Aspirant

Re: D7800 loosing config. Have to factory default to resolve

Similar kind of issue - I've just upgarded my D7800 from 1.0.0.46 to 1.0.0.48 - All was ok until I rebooted it - was then left with it stuck Power and DSL LED solid orange...  Was able to ping it, but no web access.  Pin-holefactory reset was the only way back in...  Then back to square one, reconfigure, reboot, then only option was a to factory reset...  Back to 1.0.0.46 for me (still to test, but hopefully it's stable/ok after rolling back to a previous version).  I'll be avoiding the 1.0.0.48 build for now... 

Message 2 of 4
tim_hamblin
Aspirant

Rolled back to 1.0.0.46 - D7800 back to normal, no lock-ups on reboot.  Also tested on another D7800, same issue with 1.0.0.48 firmware.  Might be due to the new DSL driver supposed to improve BT/UK performance not being fully compatible with Sky Fibre/Option 61?

Message 3 of 4
GregOz
Aspirant

Rolled back to 46, but still getting the same issue. Currently double NAT'ing to get around the issue with the iiNet modem. Might have to log a support request for investigation.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7