Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 losing password on devices

Streaky
Aspirant

D7800 losing password on devices

Hello, I have had this problem for some time on my router, and it's also happening to visitors trying to access my home WiFi. I have the latest firmware (1.0.1.56) - is there a beta firmware release I can try? I'd dearly love to make this password issue go away.

Streaky

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7800 losing password on devices

Hi @Streaky, are you saying that your WiFi becomes unsecured? What steps do you usually take to work around the issue?

Message 2 of 4
Streaky
Aspirant

@DexterJBNo, I'm not.  I'm saying that I have a heap of available WiFi networks in my house, through the dual band router and various extenders/repeaters and about hald don't connect or don't recognise the correct password.  Even the "core" network of Netgear40 won't allow/accept connections.  Pretty darn shoddy and I'm seriously considering chucking my investment and getting another make.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Streaky, you can try changing the wireless channel on the main wireless network and see if the issue will persist. Also, to better isolate the issue, you can try can remove/turn off the other extenders temporarily to check if the problem is with the D7800.

Dexter

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7