Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 no DSL connection

mRhino
Aspirant

D7800 no DSL connection

Hi, last night we had a power surge and I am unable to receive a DSL connection on my modem (D7800). It appears the issue is with the modem as I connected another modem and I'm receiving a DSL connection.  I reset the modem (D7800) to factory settings and I'm still unable to receive a DSL connection.

Is someone able to provide a solution to this issue?  Thank you

Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
sam13
Aspirant

Re: D7800 no DSL connection

Just had the same issue.

Found a good link here:  https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/Netgear-nighthawk-x4s-won-t-connect-to-ADSL2/t...

Followed the steps and I have a connection again, I'm FTTB technically.

It's a firmware issue unfortunately.

Model: D7000v2|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem RouterD7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 2 of 4

@mRhino wrote:

Hi, last night we had a power surge and I am unable to receive a DSL connection on my modem (D7800). 

That can kill hardware.

But what do you mean by "unable to receive a DSL connection". What do the lights look like on the modem/router.

There is a support for the D7800, including a manual, somewhere at the end of this link:

>>> D7800 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<

Check the section Troubleshoot With the LEDs.

Message 3 of 4
mRhino
Aspirant

Thank you for your response. The DSL light doesn't turn on at all. There appears to be no connection. There are no issues with the line as I connected an old modem and it is working fine. I also had a technician look at the issue and couldn't pinpoint the problem.  

Anyway, I purchased a new D7000v2  and disposed of the faulty one.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7