Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 vodafone vdsl drop + low upload

Midnightx86
Aspirant

D7800 vodafone vdsl drop + low upload

Hi, I'm trying to setup the modem with vodafone uk, i follow the steps as people in vodafone forums did and i can connect, but after a few minutes online my connection drops and my upload with vodafone router was 2mb and with D7800 is 0,61mb.
Model: D7800|Nighthawk X4S – AC2600 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

Re: D7800 vodafone vdsl drop + low upload

Message 3 of 5

All Replies

Did you try running the setup wizard to see if it gets the right settings for Vodafone?

If you haven't tried it, you could search this community for "vodafone".

I would post a link but the forum software is broken and I can't do that when I reply to messages with attachments.

Message 2 of 5

Try this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – vodafone

Several solved flags.

Message 3 of 5
Midnightx86
Aspirant

It seems was a problem with some cable underground, with Vodafone router I didn't have any connection problem but as long I connect my Netgear it was losing connection .
Now seems working properly and the download and upload sync are the same with Vodafone router.
Thank you very much!
Regards!
Message 4 of 5

@Midnightx86 wrote:
It seems was a problem with some cable underground....

Something similar happened to me once, although the fault was up a BT pole rather than underground.

It is always a good idea to run any line tests available. In my case it took the BT technician 10 minutes to "ping" the line and find a resistance issue 50 metres away, which just happened to be the junction box on the pole.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7