Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 will not allow owlet smart sock v3 to see SSID

sean748
Aspirant

D7800 will not allow owlet smart sock v3 to see SSID

model is nighthawk d7800. firmware update 1.0.1.58. 

i have purchased a brand new owlet smart sock version 3.

followed the setup instructions. found that when it came to the base station of the sock to "connect to a network'" the base station picked up all my neighbours routers but was unable to see my router. i maunally entered my routers SSID and password but the base station still would not find it. i then went through tech support from owlet themselves and their conclusion is either a compatability issue or a setting incorrect in my router.

i have been able to dectect/connect all other devices with no issues previously. 

PLEASE HELP!

Message 1 of 5

Re: D7800 will not allow owlet smart sock v3 to see SSID

@sean748 wrote:

followed the setup instructions.

Unfortunately, few people here are likely to know what those instructions told you to do. We don't even know what you are using to look for your router. So we can only guess what is going on at your end. 

This may be important as the problem doesn't seem to be your router but whatever you are using to find it.

Can everything else you use see the SSID?

@sean748 wrote:

i then went through tech support from owlet themselves and their conclusion is either a compatability issue or a setting incorrect in my router.

That sounds like the usual "we don't have a clue, so let's blame the router" response.

Did they tell you what the settings should be on the router?

A quick guess is that there is some confusion in the installation process around the SSID for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wifi. That is a common issue with IoT toys. Too many device makers create hopeless installation apps that get confused when they see a 5 GHz SSID.

Message 2 of 5
sean748
Aspirant

Hello and thank you for your reply 🙂 the owlet smart sock base station is a device that sends data to your phone from a sock used on babies via your wifi.
The owlet tech support people offered no router setting changes. The routers ssid shows up on any other device for connecting. This base station only works on 2.4ghz only. When I put the station into ssid search mode it picks up all the routers surrounding me but ot mine
Message 3 of 5

We still don't know anything about the setup process.

My guess is that it is an app on a phone, it oiften is, but that is just a guess.

Message 4 of 5

Do any of these help?

Search - NETGEAR Communities – owlet

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7