Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D7800 will not connect through WN3500RP extender to ethernet Printer/Copier

Fozzybear
Follower

D7800 will not connect through WN3500RP extender to ethernet Printer/Copier

I have a home business and previous (to buying the D7800) could connect a toshiba copier via Ethernet to a WN3500RP extender, then connect wirelessly to a DG834N Modem/Router to provide wireless printing and scan-to-email functionality to any PC in the office.

Since replacing the DG834N with the D7800, i no longer have a connection to the toshiba for wireless printing and have no scan-to-email function. I also cannot achieve this with an LAN connection from the D7800 direct to the Toshiba.

If i go back to the DG834N all functionality returns perfectly.

Couple of things that may or may not matter:

- I do know there is a USB Readyshare option but dont believe that will support the scan-to-email function on the toshiba copier.

- Signal strength is high at the extender so not an issue and other devices connect perfectly to it

- I have upgraded to the D7800 to better serve the number of connections (sometimes >10), improve dropouts, improve signal strength issues and to be ready for NBN next month.

- I did have a couple of Ethernet-over-power units to try and sort connection issues but experienced frequent dropouts (with both Modem/Routers) so disconnected them (not sure of issues were related to the above)

- The home is in a cul-der-sac and we have sometimes noticed random interference with wireless devices (funny enough a wireless skateboard controller that kept dropping connection only in our street....scary????)

Any thoughts would be great???

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: D7800 will not connect through WN3500RP extender to ethernet Printer/Copier

Hello Fozzybear

Did you have to do any type of port forwarding back on your Dg834N? Also is ther some type of toshiba software that you use in order to print you may want to uninstall this stuff and go threw the setup of your printer to connect via wireless again.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7