Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

D8500 NBN compatibility

Stella12
Follower

D8500 NBN compatibility

I tried replacing a free router that came with my internet service with the Nighthawk X8 model D8500, but it didn't seem to connect well with the NBN. The wifi LED's were all a solid white, but the internet/DSL LED was solid amber and the wifi, despite connecting, did not work. Have I done something wrong in the setup or is this model not NBN compatible?

Message 1 of 2

Re: D8500 NBN compatibility

@Stella12 wrote:

The wifi LED's were all a solid white, but the internet/DSL LED was solid amber and the wifi, despite connecting, did not work. Have I done something wrong in the setup or is this model not NBN compatible?

What sort of NBN is this?

What is an NBN network and is my NETGEAR DSL modem router compatible? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

While Netgear lists all manner of things as being "compatible" with NBN in that article, in reality this often means that the device will work as a router. You have to bypass the modem bit and use something else as a modem.

It is a pity that Netgear does not make that clearer in its advice to NBN users. It might prevent people from wasting money on an incompatible modem router. They would be better off buying a simple router and using whatever modem their ISP provides, or buying one suitable for their Internet service.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7