Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DG834GT - Why can't I see attached devices?

Jonnylu
Aspirant

DG834GT - Why can't I see attached devices?

As title says. I just can't see what devices are attached to my router in the admin page. I have a PC upstairs attached to it and a Nintendo wii. The wireless LED light on the router flickers to show that a device is using it but it doesn't appear in the attached devices page in admin.

I know it's probably something really simple but it really is driving me nuts. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Jon
Message 1 of 10

Hi and welcome to the forum. 😄

A device that is connected to the router should show up in 'Attached Devices'.

Do the devices have ip addresses that are on the same network as the router (default gateway)?

Are the devices able to access the internet?

Latest firmware on the router with a reset?

Peace
Message 2 of 10
Jonnylu
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick response. The only device that shows attached to the router, is my own pc connected via ethernet. The other pc and the wii are connected wirelessly and both have access to the internet.

It's been like this since I bought the router well over a year ago! I've only just brought myself around to do something about it.
Message 3 of 10

Are you sure they are connected wireless to your network?

Do you have a unique SSID? Can the devices ping each other?
Message 4 of 10
fordem
Mentor

Are the other PC and the Wii configured for static or dynamic ip addresses?
Message 5 of 10
Jonnylu
Aspirant

My pc is the only one configured as a static IP. The other PC and the wii have not had anything changes so I guess they're dynamic but can still go online with no problems.
They both connect through WPA-PSK security fine and there have been other devices in the past that have connect with no problems. My pc is the only machine that shows up in attached devices.
Message 6 of 10
user11
Aspirant

UPnP enabled?
Message 7 of 10
tomcat_
Aspirant

sorry for bringing that back...but i have exactly the same problem...

i have a laptop on winxp that is normally connected to the router, wirelessly, with no issues on connectivity and with ip address from the dhcp pool but is not showing on the "attached devices".

router is running the latest firmware...
Message 8 of 10
mjordan
Novice

I'm on 1.02.16 and I have the same identical problem. I have noticed that if you constantly refresh the page (using the reload page of your browser) it eventually shows the devices attached to the router.
Quite frustrating, I know.
Message 9 of 10
juan_jimenez
Aspirant

I am using DG834G v2 with firmware version V3.01.38 and have the same problem reported by others. Furthermore, I thought this router only had 4 physical and 4 wireless ports but I have 7 devices apparently connected wirelessly and none appear on the attached devices list.

The suggestion made earlier to clich on Refresh multiple times does not work. It only shows one device for me and very sporadically.

Anyone from NetGear there who can enlighten us?

More controversially, has anyone found a router as good as (or better) that properly reports all devices connected be they wireless or not?
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7