Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN1000 interferes with my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

bugg
Aspirant

DGN1000 interferes with my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

I bought a wireless mouse/keyboard set and they always lag. When I'm typing with the keyboard, every second letter isn't recognized and the mouse keeps moving bit by bit, freezing inbetween.

Before that I used a mouse and keyboard with USB cable and never had problems. I did a search for my problem and read that it's usually caused by the router sending out signals at the same frequency as the Bluetooth adapter, which is 2,4GHz. Other sources say it's caused by the same "channel".

I'm using the DGN1000 with WLAN, can anybody tell me if I can change the frequency somewhere in the admin panel? I found the channel entry, but when I change the number, it also changes my region and mode/bandwidth and I'm not sure if that's good.
Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGN1000 interferes with my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard

First MOVE the router AWAY from the PC surrounding
Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Vaio actually has a warning that pops up stating Simultaneous use of 2.4 wireless and Bluetooth could causes interference and recommends Not using them together. You could try to switch the wifi channel to see if you can find one that works. Not sure if moving away from router will help since the client also uses it so you'll never get far enough away. You could try lower wifi rf output if your card has that option.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

That never seems to have an issues with apple products using wifi and Bluetooth
At same time but that is apple:):)

Separating router away from router sitting nearby computer are never bad good thing to.
Message 4 of 7
bugg
Aspirant

My router is about three meters away from my computer. I can't get any further as I'm living in a one bedroom apartment.

My computer has WLAN built-in, but I have no manual and no clue how to change the "RF output".
Message 5 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Suggestion will used Ethernet cable to the router and disable the wifi to rule out

Usually wireless keyboard-mouse should have less coverage but Bluetooth will have @30feet coverage so interference is an issues

You may need to change wireless/keyboard which does not use Bluetooth base
Message 6 of 7
sabretooth
Apprentice

Try changing the channel of your wireless. Don't use 'auto', try 1, 6 or 11.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7