Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200 - How to reset?

BierPizzaChips
Aspirant

DGN2200 - How to reset?

Hi all,

Problem: I forgot the changed login password to my N300 DGN2200 Router (that version having a USB connection for external storage).

Additional problems:
1. The PDF Manual on the router's disc advises to use an Erase button on the back of the router, which does NOT exist for this Router (instead there is the USB slot).
2. An Online PDF at netgear support suggests to press both buttons on front of the router, but those proceed to work independent.

Any hint, idea or suggestion is welcome.

Case ID:17493375
Message 1 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

http://support.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19713
15. How do I reset the router?

Press and hold reset button on the bottom of the router for 1 second to reset the router. Press the reset button for more than 6 seconds until the Power LED flashes red to trigger a reset to factory default settings.
Message 2 of 10
BierPizzaChips
Aspirant

@jmizoguchi: Has already mentioned in the post, this version on the DGN2200 has NO reset button - instead this version does have a USB connection. 😛

@sabretooth: Thanks, mate. That's exactly what i listed already in my post and what is simply incorrect, because the PDF does describe a feature which is NOT given for this version of the DGN2200. :eek:

Please be aware that there are TWO versions of the DGN2200. One cheaper without USB and one more expensive with USB. Mine is the one with USB. Obviously the PDF Manual had been created for the version without USB. :cool:

More technical details regards my DGN2200 with USB:

FCC ID: PY309200112
US: 5NHDLDIBDGN2200
IC: 4054A-09200112
SN: 2BU1047Y03683
Message 3 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

actually did not copy/past when I did

**For NETGEAR model DGN2000 or similair model: Combination of Wireless button and WPS button on the side of the modemw will use as procedures.
Message 4 of 10
BierPizzaChips
Aspirant

Got a good tip from the netgear hotline, which worked fine.

Reset of the DGN200(B):

- check the backside of the router.
- see left next the yellow label 'WiFi Network Name (SSID)': There is a red circle around a little hole labled as 'Default Access'.
- Use something very thin and stick it into that hole to press the hidden button for about 10 seconds.

The router will default to the factory setup.

New login: admin
New password: password

Btw: The provided netgear manuals for that router are simply wrong. Maybe they update the online manual soon.
Message 5 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Combination of Wireless button and WPS button on the side of the modemw will use as procedures.

this should reset in no time
Message 6 of 10
BierPizzaChips
Aspirant

@jmizoguchi: Thanks, mate - but NO. That's what i described already as top 2 in my original post on top of this thread. @All: If you have a DGN2200 having a USB slot, you do have indeed a DGN2200(B), which can ONLY be reset by using that little red circled hole on the back of the router.
Message 7 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

I see I was on the road all day so missed some from my phone
Message 8 of 10
quantium
Aspirant

I have one of these with USB, and had to use the reset button. I have set the PC to DHCP, and can ping 192.168.0.1 and get a response. However entering it into the browser produces no result. I can't even get to the password page. Any ideas anyone, or is the router now only fit for the dustbin?
Message 9 of 10
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If unit is still under warranty then contact support for RMA
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements