Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 Netgear Genie

osborne03
Aspirant

DGN2200 Netgear Genie

I am running MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.1 on a two-year-old Macbook Pro (Retina, 13" early 2015). My router is a Netgear N300 Wireless ADSL2 + Modem Router DGN2200. Lately I have had speed issues and significant dropouts. Yesterday I updated my firmware to the latest Version 1.0.0.57 and installed Netgear Genie, which had previously been installed on my old laptop. At first Genie seemed to recognise my network. When I opened Parental Controls it took me through to my old OpenDNS account, where everything was set to Moderate. I left Parental Controls enabled. Today Genie has locked me out of everything, and when I attempt to enter Parental Controls to disable the settings it tells me that I am not connected to the internet, although I am clearly connected to the internet through that router in order to be able to write this... I'm baffled. I want to reset, or uninstal so that I can go back to trouble free internet use. 

Grateful for any advice to resolve this...

Model: DGN2000|WIRELESS-N ROUTER WITH BUILT-IN DSL MODEM
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DGN2200 Netgear Genie

Did you try to reinstall Genie?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
osborne03
Aspirant

Re: DGN2200 Netgear Genie

Hi Darren

Yes, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Genie repeatedly.

Logging into OpenDNS independently I’ve reset all filtering settings but it’s obviously on some sort of schedule that I can’t see as it seems to come and go on a cycle that I haven’t set!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7