Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200 V4 - Firewall filter on macaddress

lucaguccione
Aspirant

DGN2200 V4 - Firewall filter on macaddress

Hi all,
I would like to know if it's possibile to filter inbound traffic from remote to LAN based on macaddress. I would like to prevent a series of "attack" to my wan ipcamera. There are always lot of people trying to connect to it generating inbound traffic. Is it possible to prevent this filtering on macaddress (I need to access my camera with my mobile phone when I'm away).

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: DGN2200 V4 - Firewall filter on macaddress

I think no option for this on the netgear's router.
Message 2 of 7
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I’m guessing that you have port forwarding set up for the IP camera? If so such a function would need to work in relation to that i.e. port forward but only from specified remote address(es), and in that case you would need a router with greater functionality. I would guess that a SOHO grade router might do this
Message 3 of 7
lucaguccione
Aspirant

Babylon5 wrote:
I’m guessing that you have port forwarding set up for the IP camera? If so such a function would need to work in relation to that i.e. port forward but only from specified remote address(es), and in that case you would need a router with greater functionality. I would guess that a SOHO grade router might do this

Yes, that's correct: i have forwarded a port to my IP camera. But I cannot filter inbound traffic to it using ip address because my ip address on smartphone is not static, if I understood what you mean :confused:
Message 4 of 7
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

OK, well in relation to that port forward rule you would need to have a MAC Address white list, and I don’t think the router has that functionality.
Message 5 of 7
lucaguccione
Aspirant

Ok, thank you for clarifications
Message 6 of 7
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

I would say that what you are asking for is a very useful feature, I will pass this on as a suggestion to Netgear.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7