Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200 network folder permissions issue

gee_h_tee
Follower

DGN2200 network folder permissions issue

I have a DGN2200 router which I purchased in July 2011.
Firmware: v1.0.0.46_7.0.44
GUI Language: v1.0.0.30.

Netgear Support say that my router no longer qualifies for their free support service, so I'm hoping that someone on this forum will be able to help me.

I have recently purchased a Western Digital 1 Terabyte NTFS USB disk drive which I have connected to the router to use as a network storage device. I have followed the instructions under the USB Advanced settings to configure a total of 7 network folders, 5 with no read / write restrictions and 2 with read / write access controlled by the router admin ID and password.

The problem I have is that if I attempt to map to any of these network drives from any Windows PC or laptop (either XP or Vista) on my LAN, I am unable to do so without first entering the router admin ID and password. I don't understand why I should need to enter the router admin ID and password in order to map drives that I have configured to have no read / write restrictions. It is as if the DGN2200 is ignoring the USB Advanced settings for the network drives I've configured with unrestricted read / write access, and telling Windows to prompt for credentials as though the drives had been configured with read / write access controlled by the router admin ID and password.

Please can someone tell me how to achieve access to these 5 network drives without having to enter the router admin ID and password, as it is preventing me from enabling access to files in the way that I want to..
Message 1 of 3
prince213
Aspirant

forget about netgear router giving usb feature, install a free dlna streaming software in pc and share whole computer folders to clients 🙂
Message 2 of 3
sege5641
Aspirant

You have to enter the username and password to access network folders that are protected no matter if its a Netgear device or another computer. When you are mapping network drives you can save the login credentials so you are not required to enter them every time you are access the resources on that networked device. Google "how to map network drives for windows".
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7