Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v3 Firmware update failed, now I have no more web access

Retired_Member
Not applicable

DGN2200v3 Firmware update failed, now I have no more web access

Hello everyone,

I tried to update the firmware to the latest one (V1.1.00.25) using the automatic procedures on the web panel connected via ethernet.

The router did reboot and then it sent me to a simple page that said that I need to reload the firmware manually. I downloaded it with my mobile connection and start the upload. When it finished i tried to connect to the web panel on 192.168.0.1 (this is correct) and I got 404 error with pink background (i.e. the webserver on the router was running and giving me 404), internet was working as usual.

After that I tried every possible reset options combination (power on with reset button pressed, 30/30/30 reset) that i found on the internet with no success. The difference is that now internet is not working. And it seems legit since I resetted the settings to factory.

I can ping the router and it seems working fine (apart from no web panel and internet connection).

I tried many times to upload firmware via tftp but i cannot reach the router in boot mode. I followed this and many other guides and procedures. The fact is that when I am in "blinking led" mode, I cannot reach the router with ping or tftp. When I turn it on in "normal" mode, I can ping it but tftp does not work.

TL;DR

The modem/router is working but I get 404 error when attempting to reach the web panel.

I'd like to "enter" in recovery mode to upload firmware via tftp (I have no other ways!) but it doesn't work:

- If I normally start the router, even after a reset, I cannot ping/tftp it during boot phase (power led red) and then it boot as normal and then I can ping it but tftp does not work.

- If I start it with reset button pressed (with any combo) the power button flashes forever but I cannot reach it neither with ping or tftp

I think the problem is that it is not bricked and so I fail to enter in tftp mode.

I spent hours on this, how do I enter in tftp mode to recover FW? Can i recover it in any other ways?

Thanks

Model: DGN2200v3|Wireless-N 300 Modem Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: DGN2200v3 Firmware update failed, now I have no more web access

@Retired_Member wrote:
When it finished i tried to connect to the web panel on 192.168.0.1 (this is correct) and I got 404 error with pink background (i.e. the webserver on the router was running and giving me 404), internet was working as usual.

You say it is correct, but have you used ipconfig to confirm that this really is the Default Gateway?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7