Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200v3 Firmware update failed

Colourqueen
Aspirant

DGN2200v3 Firmware update failed

Hi all

Unfortunately I accepted the prompt to update the firmware on my DGN2200v3 router.

Since then the router has stopped working. All I get is a solid red power light and a flashing green  ADSL light.

I cannot log in to the interface to reconfigure or force a download of older firmware.

I have tried using the reset button for 10 secs and then waiting 15 minutes but no change.

I have read about using tftp2 but cannot reach the router so that doesn't work.

I have also read that I need to log on with a fixed ip address in the same domain but how can I do this if I cannot access the router gui?

Any help/ideas would be most welcome.

Luckily I have an old router that I can connect with meantime but I do want to get the DGN2200 working again.

You know when you wish you'd never started something.......... 

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Colourqueen

The router may of became a switch you might want to open a command promt and type ipconfig and see what ip address is your default gateway if its 192.16.x.x then its still a router if its another ip then it could be acting like a switch I would then contact netgear support.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7

All Replies
wcalifas831
Prodigy

Best way to try and make it work, try the tftp method you mentioned. Here's a step by step way to try and get it back to work. Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K8sVuCrPt4

Message 2 of 7
Colourqueen
Aspirant

Hi - thanks for that. I have managed to get the router back working again. The part where you showed how to set the static ip address was what helped.

However, I still cannot login the the router properly.

Using Genie, under Router settings it tells me "Netgear Router is not fount or is not supported", although the other parts of the interface work.

Using the direct address of 192.168.0.1 or www.routerlogin.net, I get a partial page showing help and support options but nothing that allows me to login to the router as before.

Do you think it is worth downgrading the firmware to try to get the interface back? Or does Genie not co-exist with the standard GUI?

Message 3 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Colourqueen 

Yea I would try to load the Firmware again sounds like its still partially corrupted since you can access some things and not others and if that fails you may want to contact netgear support it may need swapped out if your having these issues.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 7
Colourqueen
Aspirant

Thanks - now I'm in deeper bother!

I cannot connect to the router even after a reset.

When I look at the network map, it shows my laptop then a switch then the router. Where has the switch appeared from? I have a direct ethernet cable between the router and the laptop.

Any ideas?

Message 5 of 7
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Colourqueen

The router may of became a switch you might want to open a command promt and type ipconfig and see what ip address is your default gateway if its 192.16.x.x then its still a router if its another ip then it could be acting like a switch I would then contact netgear support.

http://support.netgear.com/general/contact/default.aspx

DarrenM

Message 6 of 7
Colourqueen
Aspirant

Thanks Darren, I've tried raising a support call but it says that I will have to pay for telephone support which I'm not willing to do.

It's really frustrating because I can ping the router, just can't get to install firmware either via wftp2 or via the gui.

Favtory reset does nothing either.

I'm going to have to bin the router which is a shame as it was good.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7