Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200v3 firewall rules stopped working and blocked sites also do not work now

NG2200
Aspirant

DGN2200v3 firewall rules stopped working and blocked sites also do not work now

I am using DGN2200v3 for few years and was having firewall rules in place to block certain devices as per schedule. Since few days, this has stopped working and the access is now available to all devices at all times. Tried to load the firmware again, restarted the router multiple times but it has no effect. Can anyone help?

Firmware version is V1.1.00.25_1.00.25 (which is latest for this model)

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: DGN2200v3 firewall rules stopped working and blocked sites also do not work now

Are you using the parental controls on the modem or do you have separate software doing this?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
NG2200
Aspirant

I have configured opendns using Netgear Genie. That is very flaky and it does not work. My control is only to control the devices given access using Schedule. The rule "Allow by Schedule otherwise Block" has stopped working. It does not give access at all regardless of schedule. If I use "Block by schedule otherwise Allow", it allows at all times. So, essentially the schedule bit is not working. It had been working for years. I am not sure wht has changed. 

Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] essentially the schedule bit is not working.

Does the router have the right date-time?  Around here (D7000), it's
shown on the ADVANCED > Security > Schedule page.

Message 4 of 5
NG2200
Aspirant

DGN2200v3 has Security -> Scedhule page where I can set day light saving and time zone.It also displays current date and time and it shows up correctly. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7