Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGN2200v4 freezing

dmahon
Novice

DGN2200v4 freezing

I have a new DGN2200v4 Firmware Version V1.0.0.24_5.0.8.

I used this for two weeks on an ADSL connection and it was working well.

I now have a FTTC connection with a separate VDSL modem. I have plugged this in via the 4th Ethernet port and set the router to use port 4 as WAN (auto-detect didn't work). All is good - until the modem resyncs it's connection speed. Then the router locks up and the connection fails. Unplugging/replugging the router or unplugging/replugging the Ethernet cable gets things going again. When the router locks up even the HTTP interface is locked (I get the main menu on the left hand side but no content, just the spinning wheel as if it is loading).

This sounds like a router problem - any ideas?
Message 1 of 3
JasperW
Novice

Re: DGN2200v4 freezing

I have had similar problems with my router (DGN2200v4) locking up and the only solution being to pull the power cord. Has happened both with ADSL and fibre.

After years of great products my last two Netgear routers have been very unstable. I am afraid to say that my next router will definitely not be a Netgear.
Message 2 of 3
prince213
Aspirant

Re: DGN2200v4 freezing

JasperW wrote:
I have had similar problems with my router (DGN2200v4) locking up and the only solution being to pull the power cord. Has happened both with ADSL and fibre.

After years of great products my last two Netgear routers have been very unstable. I am afraid to say that my next router will definitely not be a Netgear.

there is a new firmware update 1.0.46 try that. dgn2200v4 and other netgear routers even latest one got that red light issue with adsl connection i.e, if adsl link drops and return the router not attempt to reconnect automatically and manual reboot required.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7