Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGN2200v4 issues with latest firmware (1.0.46)

Casperdan
Initiate

DGN2200v4 issues with latest firmware (1.0.46)

I am having issues with the latest firmware (1.0.46).
First off, after updating, the internet wouldn't connect (using ADSL). Tried rebooting, but didn't help.
Went into the router's web-interface and went into internet settings and (without changing anything) clicked "Apply". After that, it connected.
Since this, it's been working fine until today.

Today it randomly seemed to reboot itself 3 times, and after each random reboot, the internet again didn't connect and I had to go back to settings and apply.

I don't understand why it rebooted. I was watching videos through my external HDD that I have attached to the router's USB when the reboots occurred. But it hasn't done this until today - and I've been on the new firmware for maybe 2 weeks or so.

Just seems a little unstable now with this firmware, and I never once experienced anything like this on the 1.0.24 firmware.
Message 1 of 8
prince213
Aspirant

nothing like that here, me too using same dgn2200v4 with latest 1.0.46 firmware.

the bug which still exist in dgn2200v4 is if adsl link drop and return internet not reconnect unless manually reboot.
Message 2 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

When you say reboot, does the router turns off or is it only the internet connection got disconnected and reconnects?

How about the previous firmwares?
Message 3 of 8
prince213
Aspirant

router is working normally and internet on: internet led green

suddenly adsl link dropped and internet disconnected: internet led goes red

after some seconds or minutes adsl link returns

but router not try to reconnect, internet led stays at red.

this is the famous red light issue present in almost all of the adsl combo wifi routers. this issue is present in both old firmware and new one.

the strange part is this issue doesn't exist if router in modem only mode or bridge mode.
Message 4 of 8
Casperdan
Initiate

Haven't experienced the reboots again, but if I turn the router off and then on - the internet led stays red. Manually rebooting again doesn't seem to help. Have to go into router's internet settings and click "apply" again. Then only does led go green and internet work again.
Message 5 of 8
prince213
Aspirant

yes this issue is present in almost all netgear wifi adsl routers and netgear guys have no plan to fix this crucial bug. this issue was reported long back but netgear people making new models with exact same issue unresolved.
Message 6 of 8
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Please create a ticket for support team. 

Message 7 of 8
Casperdan
Initiate

Anyway I can get the old firmware again?
Still getting random reboots. Also, I have now put the Connection Mode to "Always On" and when I get home, I have a red light. Have to re-apply the internet settings to get the internet back again.

And suddenly today the router was completely reset..
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7