Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND 3700 V1. - VDSL CAPABLE ?

peteseddon
Aspirant

DGND 3700 V1. - VDSL CAPABLE ?

I'VE COME ACROSS POSTS SUGGESTING THIS ROUTER CAN HANDLE VDSL.  i'M ABOUT TO BE UPGRADED TO FTTC FIBRE OPTIC, AND NEED TO KNOW IF MY MODEM/ROUTER HAS TO BE CHANGED.

Message 1 of 4
WinnerPlus
Tutor

Re: DGND 3700 V1. - VDSL CAPABLE ?

Sadly yes you will need to get a new modem/router. NETGEAR DGND3700v1 is ADSL2+ modem router on paper, which means it isn't VDSL capable and hasn't been designed for that purpose.

Message 2 of 4
peteseddon
Aspirant

Tx for reply - as plusnet only offers pretty naff sagem router, i'm thinkin of 2nd hand ASUS RT-AC66U, which seems to be well received.  any thoughts ?

Message 3 of 4
w3wilkes
Prodigy

There is alternate 3rd party firmwre available that will give you full VDSL capability on your DGND3700v1. The original ads for the DGND3700v1 stated VDSL and the original firmware for this router had VDSL capability, but was removed in the first firmware update from Netgear. The VDSL capability is a side benefilt of the inbuilt torrent firmware discussed in this thread on these boards;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/DSL-Modems-Routers/New-firmware-with-built-in-Torrent-Client/td-p/4...

So before you completely abandon the thought of your DGND3700v1 being able to do VDSL you might want to give Richud's firmware a shot. You may also want to "wade" through the referenced thread for the full detail of this firmware's capabilities (Openwrt should be jealous). I have it working on my VDSL connection just fine.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7