Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND 4000 but applies to others

JohnEvans
Aspirant

DGND 4000 but applies to others

I have just bought a N750 DGND 4000. Using the web-based Genie I am unable to change the SSID/password on the 5GHz Wi-Fi (but am able to change the 2.4GHz). The boxes accept updates but on "Apply" the original factory settings return. I have tried all areas of the web-based Genie.

The downloadable Genie application doesn't even see the 5GHz Wi-Fi settings.

This problem is essentially identical to issues I had with a N600 modem (returned to the shop thought to be broken and exchanged for the N750).

I have set up a few modem/routers in my time (including other Netgear units) and have never had this sort of problem. Is there something I am failing to see/do? Am I the only one with this problem?
Message 1 of 3
DanJordan
Aspirant

Re: DGND 4000 but applies to others

Ditto. I've got the same problem and am running the latest Firmware version available for this model. Very frustrating.

The other related issue is that I'm in New Zealand and its not on the list of Regions. Support text says visit the netgear website if your country isn't listed but I cannot find any reference to Region on the site at all. Also very frustrating. May well be taking it back tomorrow and swapping for a Belkin. I see there's been no response to your post from January - 3 months ago!
Message 2 of 3
Devor
Luminary

Re: DGND 4000 but applies to others

To find different region firmware for a router on the Netgear site, try this here.

You may want to remove the Desktop Genie and use the router's web interface. Also, hard reset router and manually re-enter settings. If that doesn't work, reload current firmware following step 4 from the link in my signature. Make sure to safely unplug any USB devices, don't use saved configuration files and always perform firmware changes with a wired connection.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7