Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 2.4ghz Connection Prob

theTechman05
Aspirant

To me it lets them play in thier own sandboxes and are provided their own channels so that your not being pulled down to g speed when they connect. If I had the option on my previous 3300 I would have but this one has 4 ssids for each frequency so it lets you resolve problems . I got kicked off or dropped real low when my sibling got on with his old g card so I went to 5ghz while i left him in the 2.4 channel.

That my thought.
Message 26 of 32
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Odd, even with my Squeezebox Duet connected (2 g devices) and my g laptop all connected on the same 2.4GHz SSID as my n laptop the n laptop shows a connection speed of 150 to 300Mbps while the g laptop shows a connection speed of 54Mbps. To test the speed I copied a 1.53GB folder to the n laptop from my gbit ethernet connected server and the copy took ~35sec. Doing the same copy to my g laptop took a little over 3 minutes. I do not see the g devices causing the n laptop to be throttled back to g speed with all of them connected on the same 2.4GHz SSID.
Message 27 of 32
Scubbie
Apprentice

I would have thought that if various people were all connected to the 2.4GHz SSIDs, it would not matter whether they were on the standard account or a guest account. They would all be using the same aerial.

The same I would have thought would be applied to the 5GHz channels.

However, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz each use a different aerial.

Having said all that though, the MAC address for the first guest account on the 2.4GHz is the same as the 5GHz MAC address.

Can someone confirm this? I actually haven't opened up any of the routers that I have had to date.
Message 28 of 32
adrenalize
Tutor

I think there were 4 aerials stuck to the top cover when I opened mine ages ago whilst trying to take the stand off.

Would kind of make sense for an N300 device on 2 bands.
Message 29 of 32
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Using inSSIDer to look at the 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios on my router they show different MAC's from each other, they are off by 1 in the last byte. 2.4GHz shows x'80' in the last byte of the MAC and the 5GHz radio shows x'81' in the last byte of the MAC.
Message 30 of 32
Raffy6250
Novice

I had it replaced by Netgear but still the same problem after 2 weeks..

3 solutions : ask for replacement by another model, to be refunded or sell it on ebay..
Message 31 of 32
Raffy6250
Novice

They have stated that they will include the feature on the release of the NETGEAR DGND3700v2, with more stable hardware components. For as you are aware that the DGND3700 is experiencing a stability issue with regard to Internet connection.

Well.. Okay....
Message 32 of 32
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7