Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 ADSL port does not work after storm/power cut

amc
Follower
Follower

DGND3700 ADSL port does not work after storm/power cut

I have a DGND3700 v1 modem/router. After a recent thunderstorm and power cut the modem no longer recognises ADSL signal. Wifi still works OK.

I replaced it with my original Verizon-supllied Westell modem/router and that works OK. I also called verizon who did a successful line test with the Westell (when they tested with the netgear the signal was good but it was refusing the connection).

I opened a ticket with Netgear support after having done:

factory reset
firmware upgrade (to .17)
restore config

Which was what Netgear also suggested. They tell me I have a faulty unit but it is out of warranty and can't be replaced.

So, are there any other troubleshooting steps available?

If not, can I create a wired bridge from the Westell to the ethernet WAN port as if I had a cable modem?
Message 1 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

sounds like you may have damaged DSL modem in the DGND3700
Message 2 of 6
Dick_W
Aspirant

amc wrote:
I have a DGND3700 v1 modem/router. After a recent thunderstorm and power cut the modem no longer recognises ADSL signal.

I can say from similar experience that the DGND3700 seems very "soft" in its tolerance for transients, the kind that may be ssociated with an electrical storm, coming in on the phone line.
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

any lines on any devices will be sensitive. 🙂
Message 4 of 6
Dick_W
Aspirant

In my recent event, of the many devices in the house on power and/or phone, the ONLY device that so much as blinked was the NETGEAR DGND3700. And it died.
Message 5 of 6
luisito_ortiz
Aspirant

The DGND3700v1 (NAS) is very sensitive to lightning. My first unit was defective and died after a thunderstorm. My second DGND3700v1 (NAS) unit always disconnects during thunderstorms. I got a DGND3700v2 (AUS) as a replacement from Netgear which works like a champ during thunderstorms.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7