Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 Guest Network Issue

andyt557
Aspirant

DGND3700 Guest Network Issue

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has solved this problem before I contact Netgear direct.

Upon initial log in to router, Netgear Genie screen shows, under Guest Network the Name (SSID): NETGEAR-Guest and PASSWORD: None

But when I go to the Guest Network page, Profile 2 selected for 2.4GHz & 5GHz b/g/n, there are ticks in the boxes for 'Enable this wireless network' and 'Enable SSID Broadcast', and Security set to WPA2-PSK [AES] with a password entered into the Passphrase box.

But, I also notice that where the Profiles are listed, along the line of Profile 2 for NETGEAR-Guest for 2.4GHZ and NETGEAR-5G-Guest for 5GHz, all looks correct except for under Enable where it says OFF

Confused, and thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Andy
Message 1 of 3
ammotrup
Novice

Re: DGND3700 Guest Network Issue

Andy,

I had noticed that the Home (Summary) screen had listed the Guest network shows password as None. The SSID is correct, just the password status. I had also seen the guest networks show enable as OFF even when enabled and operational.

I haven't wanted to start a new case with Netgear as my fun meter is still pegged from the last six months of communications on the Traffic meter problem. This was finally solved when I received the version 2 as a replacement for the original version.

I found a minor problem with the Traffic Meter but I'll wait and see if an update fixes this as the software is not very old but seems much more stable than the that for the version 1.

Good luck with your quest and keep us informed.

James
Message 2 of 3
jabba_32
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 Guest Network Issue

I've got the same issue, only my guest networks aren't working at all!
Help?
Aaron
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7