Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 - Mac issues and DHCP issues

jbaker12
Novice

DGND3700 - Mac issues and DHCP issues

Hi

I recently purchased and installed the DGND3700 router and got everything connected ok, however, I have now got a couple of issues that are really annoying.

Firstly, the DHCP does not seem to be functioning correctly. When I set the range for the DHCP it still tries to give some devices an IP address outside the range, even when I reserve an IP address within the range to the MAC address of the device. Unfortunately I cannot access the device requiring the IP address to set it manually so I really rely on the router doing its job properly.

When the router assigns an IP address in the range of 201 - 255, although the devices assigned one of these numbers can access the work network, they cannot access the internet. Again I am not sure why this should happen as I have set the DHCP range to exclude these numbers.

I have also started having issues with the Apple Macs that we use. On some mornings when I come in the Apple Macs are not provided with the correct information in order to allow internet access, in fact, they are given completely the wrong information from the router. The gateway address should be the router's IP address, however, it displays a different address. It only seems to be the Macs that are affected by this.

If you can help on either of these issues I would be grateful.

Thanks
Message 1 of 3
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700 - Mac issues and DHCP issues

201-254
255 is broadcast ip so the range choice incorrect

Other issues of address reservation doesn't work issues may need to point out to support at my.netgear.com
Message 2 of 3
Yogensha
Novice

Re: DGND3700 - Mac issues and DHCP issues

I have also encoutered this issue with my DGND3700v1, assigning the router ip as 192.168.0.1 and the dhcp range to 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.254

But one step further a friend has the DGN1000 set up identically, with correct dhcp ranges, but both our routers randomly start allocating ip numbers outside the defined ranges!

As this occurs between two different models, all i can assume is that there is a common link, both routers using the same hardware? (to a point). Then the possibility of a shared source tree for the firmware maybe, thus the same problem arrising in both? who knows.

Anyway I have logged it with support as it is a pain, having to reboot the unit to clear the fault every time, and also the calls from a panicing friend 😮

Andy
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7