Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 - Openvpn connected - No internet

Mitch1202
Aspirant

DGND3700 - Openvpn connected - No internet

Hi

I have a DGND3700 running the latest Richud firmware. The router is behind my ISPs modem/router. I've been tring to set it up to connect to my VPN service using openvpn.

Once connected to my VPN I no longer have an internet connection to any devces connected through the router.

If I SSH into the router I can see my public IP address changes by running curl ifconfig.me. But no devices have internet. If I run a ping to google from a device connected to the router I notice the IP is resolved but then all the pings time out.

How did a get the working VPN connection to my connected devices ?

Model: DGND3700v1|N600 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ADSL2+ MODEM ROUTER
Message 1 of 3
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Re: DGND3700 - Openvpn connected - No internet

This is just guessing... Is your ISP's modem/router set up in transparent bridge mode so that it only functions as a modem connection with all your ISP credentials being managed by the DGND3700? If not I'm guessing that you are getting a double NAT going through both the DGND3700 and the ISP device.

Message 2 of 3
Mitch1202
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 - Openvpn connected - No internet

Unfortantly not. So I removed my ISPs modem and setup the DGND3700 to connect over adsl.

It connects to ISP fine and internet works. However as soon as I enable the openvpn connection I lose internet to all devices. Once again if a SSH in I can see modem has internet through the vpn but its not routed/shared to other connected devices.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7