Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 Readyshare issues

giri_s
Aspirant

DGND3700 Readyshare issues

Hi,

I have been facing issues with Readyshare feature in my DGND3700 modem for the past 8 months, Netgear technical support is not very helpful either. I purchased this modem solely because of the Readyshare feature which will allow me to use external hardrive as a media server. Whenever I connect an External Drive, USB flash drive or other storage device the modem freezes and had to do power cycle. I checked the compatibility list and the modem freezes exactly after 30mins. I was asked to upgrade firmware from v1.0.0.12 to v1.0.0.17, which was even worse as the DSL light wont stop flashing. Again I was advised to downgrade to the original version. Now, I have got a modem which does not solve the purpose, for Readyshare help it seems I need to pay for support. I don't understand this because Netgear has produced a faulty device and I need to pay for getting help to resolve the issue.

Is there any solution for this issue? or have to stick to the faulty device?
Please help!
Message 1 of 2
Scubbie
Apprentice

Re: DGND3700 Readyshare issues

I could never get my DGND3700 v1 to work properly with a USB drive connected, despite trying various beta firmwares.

I can only suggest that you see about changing the router for another model or something else.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7