Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 - Regular Disconnects

Inthedoghouse
Aspirant

DGND3700 - Regular Disconnects

Hi, Newbie here. I replaced ol' trusty DG834 for a DGND3700 and since install, its been a bit hit and miss. Worst bug-bear is that when the Xbox (wireless) is turned off, so is the wireless connex for everything else, ie Netbook and laptops. Also happens when a landline call is terminated. The new router is in the same place with the set-up (ie PC's, printer etc) as the old DG834 with the same filter. I used the Wizard for the settings on normal talktalk broadband line ..any ideas would be apreciated. As you can guess the missus is a bit peeved that this doesn't work as well as the old'un..

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
theTechman05
Aspirant

Re: DGND3700 - Regular Disconnects

Can't say much for the wireless but I kept thinking the wireless usage was giving a boost to your other connections and might want to try an extender around that point.

You can alway replace the filters and make sure the other filters are as well or experiment with whole house filter if the ISP desides. If the wires are accesible you could try runnimg a new line as long as you follow proper colors.

My isp's will play with the outside line as needed and provide filters as asked so just remember free filter should be availible on asking.
Message 2 of 5
adrenalize
Tutor

Hi, you mention things go wrong when a landline call is terminated -do you mean the ADSL drops - the red light comes on etc or the wireless connection goes? Do you have any wired connections? Are these OK?
Message 3 of 5
Inthedoghouse
Aspirant

Hi, I think that the wired pc seems to be ok. When the landline disconnects it's not immediate some times 10/20 seconds later ! Using a laptop with VPN you have to shut down and restart . With the wireless we have to reconnect to the wireless network.
Message 4 of 5
theTechman05
Aspirant

If we are going the wireless way in this question I ask, "does this occur with all phones or just one (for example an 2.4 ghz phone)? and is it wired or wireless phone. My understanding is that the filters clean up so you don't here the modem sounds but they should be mostly separate in communication.

I know you could fudge with dial up trying to use the phone but that shouldn't be an issue with dsl.

Short term if its a wireless phone , pick up a cheap 6ghz headset or wired one and see if either don't kick you off. This doesn't have to be the best of the best since this is a test tool and not your replacement at this point.

*make sure your trying anything in view of modem to see its reactions.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7