Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 VDSL Support

darsa
Tutor

DGND3700 VDSL Support

Hi ,
I bought this router in its early days just because i need VDSL support. Right now with new firmwares netgear removed vdsl support from this router. What does it mean ? it will not work at all with vdsl lines or netgear cannot guarantee and support problems related to vdsl.

Whatever is the answer this is a very bad marketing behavior , because it is announced as a vdsl + adsl router , even now if look at the pictures in user's guide you will vdsl modem router on the label.

one last word , if this modem is sold as a vdsl modem and it does work at all with vdsl connection, this is a fraud in my opinion.

Jack
Message 1 of 10
jeremysup
Aspirant

You got my vote. Same disappointment here, I also need VDSL support. :mad:
Message 2 of 10
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Seems like since Netgear appears to be changing the specs you should be able to get a refund since it no longer supports the environment it was purchased for.
Message 3 of 10
keith_thfc
Tutor

vdsl support is the only reason I bought this device in the first place so am in the same boat here.
Message 4 of 10
Scubbie
Apprentice

There is some limited success. A couple of members have managed to get this router working on BT Infinity.

I tried and failed to get mine working on a Virgin Media Cable connection.
Message 5 of 10
topher_mac
Novice

this really isn't acceptable. NetGear please explain why vdsl was removed especially when the major ISP's are just starting to adopt it.
Also why no IPv6 support!!
Message 6 of 10
Scubbie
Apprentice

topher_mac wrote:
this really isn't acceptable. NetGear please explain why vdsl was removed especially when the major ISP's are just starting to adopt it.
Also why no IPv6 support!!

Sadly you will need to take this up through a support call directly with Netgear. Their staff do not tend to frequent this forum. 😞
Message 7 of 10
WOLFMANDIM
Aspirant

Very disappointing! I did buy this router to replace my USR9108 (which was flawless to the date of replacement) with the prospect of VDSL and ipv6. Not only I can't get them but I also have a number of red lights which fix inly by hard resets. Too many promises....But!
Message 8 of 10
darsa
Tutor

I am discussing for about 2 weeks with netgear about the VDSL feature. I paid about 200$ because netgear advertised this feature for the DGND3700, and now it is gone. I am going to open a fraud case on ebay because i really really feel cheated by netgear.
Message 9 of 10
Gigio755
Novice

i bought this vdsl-adsl router on september 2011 .. and the only latest .17 official fw is a trash (the .19 beta 2 had same red light problem even after 2 hard reset and the netgear support in my country didn't send a link to try test 3 or 4 .. they said they hadn't ... what a shame T_T) and ... from .12? they removed the only features why i bought this netgear (VDSL support) :mad:

damn i'm really really angry even for the 3700 V2 .. I feel really teased :mad:

sorry for my bad english T_T
Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7