Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: DGND3700 WDS with TPLInk TL-WR2543ND

buda56
Novice

DGND3700 WDS with TPLInk TL-WR2543ND

Hi,
Can someone please assit me in getting these two devices to working correctly together.

I am using the 3700 as my main router connected to ADSL2 and now I would like to extend it by connecting the TPLink to the 3700 using WDS.

I have managed to get the TPLink to connect through WDS but any device attached to the TPLink cannot access the Internet. I have let the TPLink router provide IP addresses to the devices hard wired (LAN Cable) connected to the TPlink using a section of the same sub-net as the 3700 all this seems to work correctly except I have no internet connection for any device connected to the TPLink.

All devices connected to the 3700 have internet connection and no issues, can anyone provide advice on how to get this to work??

Regards..
Peter
Message 1 of 6
w3wilkes
Prodigy

Sounds like the TPLink device need to either have the DNS address specified as the LAN address of the DGND3700 and/or have the TPLink device specify a gateway address of the DGND3700 LAN address.
Message 2 of 6
buda56
Novice

Resolved, I needed to enable the Wireless repeating function in the DGND3700, specify the DGND3700 as the Base Station, and then specify the mac address of the TPLink router.

Once I did this it all started working, the only thing that I'm not happy with is that it will only work with WEP you can't use WPA2.

Regards..
Peter
Message 3 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

WEP correct on WDS.

you may want to use WN2500RPT extender to use WPA2 and JOIN the existing the network and not repeating (WDS)
Message 4 of 6
buda56
Novice

I don't want to add anymore hardware, I am using the Media server component of the TPLink as well. That was my original reason for setting it up. Regards.. Peter
Message 5 of 6
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

then stick with WEP.. there isn't much you can do and talk about
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements