Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 Wireless issues

scorpian007
Aspirant

DGND3700 Wireless issues

Hi there,

I've been having some serious issues with the wireless LAN on my DGND3700 lately. Before I went on holidays 2 weeks ago, everything was great, laptop connected at 43-48mbps and my room mates PC was about the same and the internet was super quick (24mbit down/1.5mbit up)

Since coming back, we both only connect at 11mbps, and the internet loads pages, etc extremely slowly and synergy (mouse/keyboard sharing app) shows huge lag when i try to use it on my laptop.

I've tried changing the Wi-Fi channel to different ones and the wireless computers will connect back at 40-48mbps for about 30 seconds but it drops back down to 11mbps soon enough and it becomes unusable again.

What could be causing this problem? Any ideas?

PC's on ethernet run perfectly and I'm running firmware version 1.0.0.17
Message 1 of 5
Mars Mug
Virtuoso

Re: DGND3700 Wireless issues

It might help if you provide some other relevant details such as the number of associated clients (PCs), wireless encryption method, selected data rate, what other networks are detected and on which channels, is WMM enabled etc.
Message 2 of 5
arobertson676
Novice

I have exactly the same issues and changing the channel and resetting the router to defaults does nothing. A DGN2000 (from 2008) has better wireless coverage than this router. It is rediculous!
Message 3 of 5
scorpian007
Aspirant

Mars Mug wrote:
It might help if you provide some other relevant details such as the number of associated clients (PCs), wireless encryption method, selected data rate, what other networks are detected and on which channels, is WMM enabled etc.

There are 4 machines wired into ethernet (3 desktops, one notebook), one laptop (Asus UX31) on wireless and one desktop on wireless. I also have an iPhone 4 and iPad 3 on wireless.

I'm using WPA2-PSK encryption, I've tried different data rates (54/145/300mbit), not sure what WMM is.

Neighbors networks in my area are all on channel 1 or 6, changing mine to 11 didn't help, and I've tried all channels from 1-11 with no success. It seems like the wireless transmit power from the router initially starts off good when I initially change the channel and then dies within 30 seconds.
Message 4 of 5
scorpian007
Aspirant

WMM is on 🙂
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements