Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

DGND3700 and 2 Hard Disks

gigi10
Aspirant

DGND3700 and 2 Hard Disks

Hi everybody,

I have a DGND3700 and 2 HD connected to the 2 USB ports.
I would like to use the second HD as a copy of the first one, the only way I have found is to use some application on my pc to drive the synchronicity of all files, but with 2 problems:
- The copy is very slow. I think that the data moves form the first HD to the Pc and then to the second HD, and therefore the speed is limited by the overall wireless speed
- The pc needs to be linked to the network until the end of the copy

Do you have any idea to improve the situation?
Many thanks
Message 1 of 4
Scubbie
Apprentice

Re: DGND3700 and 2 Hard Disks

I found that the USB ports on the DGND3700v1 were only good for basic drive sharing. Anything more serious, consider a NAS.

If you are copying the contents between two drives, connect both to your Laptop or Desktop.
Message 2 of 4
gigi10
Aspirant

Hi, thanks for your answer.
Actually with just a little more speed I would be satisfied.
Thanks again
Message 3 of 4
Scubbie
Apprentice

No problem.

Whilst a lot more money, I ended up getting a 2-Bay, then later a 6-Bay NAS. I've been very happy with their performance since. I just need to get a Fibre connection then I can really put them to use when I'm away from home by streaming video content.

Internally I have hammered my LAN connection with them and the WiFi gets hammered too.

I have also found that by using an FTP client I can get that little extra speed out of them. You may want to try this last one for yourself.

When using a couple of different Laptops recently, both with 100mb LAN ports, I was able to get them copying content off the NAS at 99%-99.9%. :rolleyes:
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7